- PRACE Project Access – 5th Call for Proposals
Call for proposals for 5th PRACE Project Access and Multi-year Access (Tier-0) and synchronized DECI-9 Call (Tier-1)
This Call was open from 17 April 2012 until 30 May 2012, at 12:00 CEST
PRACE awarded time on 6 Tier-0 high-performance computers to 57 research projects, some of which have been allocated record-amounts of core hours. For more information see the press release here.
Six Tier-0 machines were available:
- IBM Blue Gene/Q “JUQUEEN” (GCS@Jülich, Germany)
- Bull Bullx cluster “CURIE” (GENCI@CEA, France)
- Cray XE6 “HERMIT” (GCS@HLRS, Germany)
- “SuperMUC” (GCS@LRZ, Germany)
- “MareNostrum” (BSC, Spain)
- “FERMI” (CINECA, Italy)
The Tier-1 HPC systems are IBM Blue Gene/Q and Blue Gene/P, Cray XT and XE, IBM Power 6, range of large clusters including GPU resources, available from Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom. For the Press Release go here
The joint Call for Proposals can be found here.