The Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 460 staff from 44 countries.
Context and Mission
The Heterogeneous Architectures group within the Computer Science department of Barcelona Supercomputing Center is offering a full-time postdoctoral position. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic research group (currently thirteen PhD students and three senior researchers) with strong connections to industry (ARM, NVIDIA, Bull, Samsung). The group is at the forefront of research in energy-efficient systems architecture, memory systems for HPC and programming model/runtime support for novel architectures.
The main responsibilities of the position will be related to an ongoing research line in programming model and system software support for novel architectures, in particular task-based programming model support for coherence islands, as part of the ExaNoDe project. The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Science department.
- Leadership and broad vision in research
- Mentoring of PhD and Master students
- Play a key role in project proposals, execution, and preparation of deliverables, including for the ExaNoDe project
- Must be willing to travel regularly
- PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Has made contributions through original research, as evidenced by international peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
- Strong understanding of computer architecture and parallel programming models
- Previous experience in contributing to or managing European collaborative projects would be an advantage
Please find out more information and send your application at: https:/