On 9 February 2015 at 13:30 CET, PRACE will open its 11th Call for Proposals. This Call includes Multi-year Access as well as a Data Storage Service Pilot. The Call will close on 18 March 2015 at 12:00 (noon) CET.
The PRACE 11th Call for Proposals is open to Project Access:
- Proposals can be based on a 12-months schedule, or, for Multi-year Projects, on a 24- or 36-months schedule. The allocation of awarded resources is made for 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
Additionally, the 11th Call:
- Offers the opportunity to launch a pilot call for joint data storage services and resources. This call is a pilot and its future continuation shall be subject to evaluation. This pilot case will be proposed jointly with PRACE associated members and partners willing to provide storage and associated data services under the PRACE umbrella including EUDAT, EU-T0, BSC, CaSToRC, EPCC/EPSRC, and SURFsara.
- Reserves 0.5% of the total resources available for the 11th Call for Centres of Excellence (CoE) as selected by the EC under the E-INFRA-5-2015 call for proposals. CoE don’t need to apply to this PRACE call – if funded by the EC, CoE requesting access to PRACE resources will be awarded PRACE resources from this reserve.
The PRACE Access Committee, composed of leading European scientists and engineers, ranks the project proposals that will be awarded access to PRACE resources.
With PRACE 1.0 evolving into PRACE 2.0, a balanced contribution of the PRACE Hosting Members was sought. This transition phase has led to a reduced offer of resources.
Therefore the 11th Call will offer resources on only:
- FermiFERMI, an IBM Blue Gene/Q supercomputer operated by CINECA, Italy
- MareNostrum, an IBM System x iDataPlex supercomputer operated by BSC, Spain
Both systems are suitable for to a wide variety of codes and awarded projects will receive dedicated technical support at the hosting sites.
- Opening date: 9 February 2015, 13:30 CET
- Closing date: 18 March 2015, 12:00 (noon) CET
- Response of applicants to reviews: 27 May 2015 – 3 June 2015
- Anticipated allocation decisions: last week of July 2015
- Allocation start date of awarded proposals: 1 September 2015
- Allocation end date of award: 31 August 2016
More information can be found here:
- PRACE Call Announcements
- PRACE 11th Call for Proposals documentation
- Applying to PRACE Calls
- The PRACE Peer Review Process