Call for Papers (HETET19)
ISC19 Conference (Frankfurt, Germany)
June 16-20, 2019 https://www.isc-hpc.com/
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2019
Paper submission is available online via: EasyChair for HETET19 website
Workshop on HPC Education and Training for Emerging Technologies (HETET19)
The HETET19 workshop is an ACM SIGHPC Education Chapter coordinated effort aimed at fostering collaborations among the practitioners from traditional and emerging fields to explore strategies to enhance computational, data-enabled, AI and HPC educational needs. Attendees will discuss approaches for developing and deploying HPC education and training, as well as identifying new challenges and opportunities for keeping pace with the rapid pace of technological advances – from collaborative and online learning tools to new HPC platforms; advanced technology solutions supporting HPC, Accelerated Analytics, and AI applications. The workshop will provide opportunities for: learning about methods for conducting effective HPC education and training for emerging technologies; promoting collaborations among HPC educators, trainers and users; and for disseminating resources, materials, lessons learned and good/best practices.
This half-day workshop is aimed at users, professionals, researchers, scholars, educators, and other interested community members with an active interest in training, educating, using and supporting the HPC community of developers, researchers, educators, and practitioners.
The workshop will include a panel, presentations and lightning talks. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Pedagogical methods/tools for High performance data analytics and cognitive computing
- Best practices and models for teaching and learning HPC topics and course materials
- Sustainable educational strategies for HPC education and training
- Emerging and scalable online environments and tools for HPC education and training
- Evaluation and assessment of training and instructional materials
- Legal issues involved in training (e.g. ADA compliance, software licenses, intellectual property rights, etc.)
- Novel andragogical approaches for training and education
- Pedagogical methods/tools for non-traditional HPC disciplines
- Pedagogical methods/tools enabling HPC, Accelerated Analytics, and AI Applications
We invite submissions for full papers and extended abstract lightning talks. All accepted papers and extended abstracts will be considered for publication in a special issue of Journal of Computational Science Education.
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2019
Notification of acceptance: April 27, 2019
Final camera ready submissions: June 1, 2019
To be accepted for publication, each paper should describe:
- the nature of the training or education program
- assessment or evaluation technique
- situations for which it is relevant or in which it was applied
- an evaluation of its success
- lessons learned
- reproducibility of the processes and resources
- relevance to the broad range of training or education topics associated with the workshop
The submitted paper must follow the Journal of Computational Science Education templates to generate your PDF: MS Word and Latex. Papers that do not comply with ACM format and maximum 8 page length limit will be returned.
Paper submission is available online via: EasyChair for HETET19 website.
- Nitin Sukhija, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
- Scott Lathrop, NCSA, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Nia Alexandrov, Daresbury Laboratory, Sci-Tech Daresbury
About SIGHPC Education
The SIGHPC Education chapter has as its purpose the promotion of interest in and knowledge of applications of High Performance Computing (HPC)