PRACE has 26 members, representing European Union Member States and Associated Countries.
The PRACE RI has two forms of members:
- Members – a government organisation or legal entity representing a government. The PRACE RI accepts only one member per Member State of the European Union or of an associated country as described in article 217 of the European Union Treaty. Further, to be eligible as a PRACE RI member the legal entity must be responsible for the provisioning of HPC resources and associated services.
- Hosting Members are members who have committed to fund and deliver PRACE RI computing and data management resources. There are 5 Hosting Members: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Switzerland.
All partners contribute in cash or in-kind to the management of the RI and the delivery of services.
- Austria: ACONET Association – Austrian Academic Computer Network
- Belgium: DGO6-SPW – Direction générale opérationnelle de l’Économie, de l’Emploi et de la Recherche – Service Public de Wallonie
- Bulgaria: NCSA – Executive agency “Electronic communication networks and information systems”
- Cyprus: CaSToRC – Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center, The Cyprus Institute
- Czech Republic: IT4I, VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava
- Denmark: DeIC – Danish e-Infrastructure Cooperation
- Finland: CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd.
- France: GENCI – Grand Equipement National de Calcul Intensif
- Germany: GCS – GAUSS Centre for Supercomputing e.V
- Greece: GRNET – Greek Research and Technology Network S.A.
- Hungary: KIFÜ – Kormányzati Informatikai Fejlesztési Ügynökség
- Ireland: ICHEC – Irish Centre for High-End Computing
- Israel: IUCC – Inter-University Computation Center
- Italy: CINECA – Consorzio Interuniversitario
- Luxembourg: University of Luxembourg
- The Netherlands: SURFsara
- Norway: SIGMA – UNINETT Sigma AS – The Norwegian Metacenter for Computational Science
- Poland: PSNC – Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej Pan – Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry – Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
- Portugal: Universidade de Coimbra
- Slovakia: Computing Center of the Slovak Academy of Science
- Slovenia: ULFME – University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Spain: BSC – Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación
- Sweden: Vetenskapsrådet – Swedish Research Council
- Switzerland: CSCS, ETH – Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zürich
- Turkey: UYBHM – Ulusal Yuksek Basarimli Hesaplama Merkezi, Istanbul Technical University – National Center for High Performance Computing
- UK: EPCC,EPSRC – The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
The PRACE Council currently includes 2 Observers:
- Croatia: University of Rijeka (UoR)
- Romania: ARCAS – Romanian Association for the Promotion of Advanced Computational Methods in Scientific Research
The PRACE Hosting Members (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Switzerland) provide resources under the PRACE 2 programme.
The General Partners contributing to PRACE 2 are: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, and United Kingdom.