The PASC17 Conference is pleased to announce that the online submissions portal (https:/
26 – 28 June 2017
Palazzo dei Congressi
The PASC Conference is an interdisciplinary event in high performance computing that brings together domain science, applied mathematics and computer science – where computer science is focused on enabling the realization of scientific computation.
The PASC17 Conference invites participants from academia, research laboratories and industry to discuss the state-of-the-art in computational science in the context of high-performance computing.
The PASC Conference offers three days of stimulating and thought-provoking technical sessions, including keynote presentations, minisymposia, peer-reviewed papers, panels and poster sessions. The conference is co-sponsored by ACM SIGHPC, and papers are published in the ACM Digital Library.
Researchers from academia and industry are encouraged to participate and present their research in the form of papers, minisymposia and posters.
PASC17 welcomes submissions in the following scientific fields:
- Chemistry and Materials
- Climate and Weather
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Emerging Domains in HPC (Special topic: Precision Medicine)
- Life Sciences
- Solid Earth Dynamics
The goal of the PASC papers initiative is to advance the quality of scientific communication between the various disciplines of computational science and engineering. The initiative is built from an observation that the computer science community traditionally publishes in the proceedings of major international conferences, while domain science communities publish primarily in disciplinary journals – neither of which is read regularly by the other disciplinary community. PASC papers presents a remedy to this situation that enables interdisciplinary exchange in a manner that bridges scientific publishing cultures and is useful to individual and community research goals.
The PASC17 papers program is soliciting high-quality contributions of original research relating to high performance computing in the eight domain-specific tracks mentioned above.
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- The use of advanced computing systems for large-scale scientific applications
- Implementation strategies for science applications in energy- efficient computing architectures
- Domain-specific languages, libraries or frameworks
- The integration of large-scale experimental and observational scientific data and high-performance data analytics and computing
- Best practices for sustainable software development and scientific application development
We invite submissions of 5-10 pages in length using the PASC17 online submissions system. Papers will be reviewed double blind. Full submission guidelines can be found at http:/
Deadlines for paper submissions:
- 12 December 2016: Submissions close
- 31 January 2017: First review notification
- 1 March 2017: Revised submissions close
- 11 April 2017: Final review notification