- PATCs and PTCs
PRACE operates six PRACE Advanced Training Centres (PATCs) since 2012, and they have established a state-of-the-art curriculum for training in HPC and scientific computing. PATCs carry out and coordinate training and education activities that enable both European academic researchers and European industry to utilise the computational infrastructure available through PRACE and provide top-class education and training opportunities for computational scientists in Europe.
The six PRACE Advanced Training Centres (PATCs) are based at:
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center (Spain)
- Consorzio Interuniversitario, CINECA (Italy)
- CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd (Finland)
- EPCC at the University of Edinburgh (UK)
- Gauss Centre for Supercomputing (Germany)
- Maison de la Simulation (France)
In addition to operating the PATCs, 4 PRACE Training Centres (PTCs) will be piloted. The PTCs will expand the geographical reach of PATCs by sourcing PATC courses locally, collaborating with PATCs in delivering courses locally or by complementing the PATC programme with local courses.
The four selected PRACE Training Centers (PTCs) are based at:
- GRNET – Greek Research and Technology Network (Greece)
- ICHEC – Irish Centre for High-End Computing (Ireland)
- IT4I – National Supercomputing Center VSB Technical University of Ostrava (Czech Republic)
- SURFsara (The Netherlands)
The following figure depicts the location of the PATC and PTC centers throughout Europe.
Events in current month:
August 2017 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031
Introduction to Unified Parallel C (UPC) and Co-array Fortran (CAF) @ HLRS (Past PATC and PTC Courses)
8th Programming and Tuning Massively Parallel Systems summer school (PUMPS)@BSC – UPC (Past PATC and PTC Courses)