The objectives of PRACE-5IP are to build on and seamlessly continue the successes of PRACE and start new innovative and collaborative activities proposed by the consortium. These include:
- assisting the transition to PRACE2 including ananalysis of TransNational Access;
- strengthening the internationally recognised PRACE brand;
- continuing and extend advanced training which so far provided more than 18 800 persontraining days;
- preparing strategies and best practices towards Exascale computing;
- coordinating and enhancing the operation of the multi-tier HPC systems and services;
- supporting users to exploit massively parallel systems and novel architectures.
A high level Service Catalogue is provided. The proven project structure will be used to achieve each of the objectives in 6 dedicated work packages. The activities are designed to increase Europe’s research and innovation potential especially through:
- seamless and efficient Tier-0 services and a pan-European HPC ecosystem including national capabilities;
- promoting take-up by industry and new communities and special offers to SMEs;
- implementing a new flexible business model for PRACE 2;
- proposing strategies for deployment of leadership systems;
- collaborating with the ETP4HPC, CoEs and other European and international organisations on future architectures, training, application support and policies.
This will be monitored through a set of KPIs.