Executive Assistant Job Description
- Overview and Terms
Job title Executive Assistant Date reviewed 21 September 2018 Responsible to Managing Director Responsible for None Working with Primarily: PRACE office (Board of Directors, Administrative Assistant, Peer Review Office, Communications Office, Financial and Legal Officer), PRACE Council Board, Strategy Working Group, Scientific Steering Committee, Industrial Advisory Committee, PRACE Members
Secondly: Project Partners, European Commission, European Parliament, international associations, PRACE User Forum, media, suppliers and contractors
Location Troonstraat 98, rue du Trône, 1050 Brussels, Belgium Post Full-time (38h per week, 5-day week)
- Job Summary
Responsible to the Managing Director for assisting in this executive’s tasks: management of his/her secretariat, assisting the executive in running meetings of the organisation bodies, relay communication between the executive and the organisation staff or external contacts. He/she will work with the organisation team members and the organisation stakeholders, chiefly the PRACE Board of Directors, Council and Strategy Working Group.
- Authority / Limitations to Authority
Working towards the PRACE mission bearing in mind the PRACE vision. The Executive Assistant functions with authority from the Managing Director. The Executive Assistant shall operate within the guidelines of the PRACE Strategy within good practice as understood in the sector and developed by the organization. These limitations will be reviewed periodically.
Accountability in this relationship is mutual. The Managing Director is accountable to the Executive Assistant to provide guidance and resources periodically and to relate to the post-holder in a manner consistent with PRACE values. The Executive Assistant is responsible to the Managing Director for performance and reporting according to the expectations of the post and for operating within the authority delegated to him/her.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
Executive’s secretariat management
• Calendar management.
• Contact management (in particular of the organisation bodies’ members)
• Organizing on site and remote meetings.
• Travel arrangements.
• Screening and processing of the incoming and outgoing correspondence and communications.
• Ensure accurate correspondence and documents referencing and archiving.
• Support the executive in sorting pending tasks and identifying priorities.
Association bodies’ meetings organisation
• Preparing and/or coordinating the logistics for the meeting of the bodies of the organisation (chiefly Council, Board of Directors).
• Coordination of these meetings documentation preparation (agenda, supporting documents, …)
• Support the executive in orderly running the meeting (members attendance check, support to presentations, telecommunication operations, …)
• Drafting accurate and synthetic minutes and follow up of meeting actions.
Information distribution to/from the staff
• Keep the staff informed of “need to know information” from the executive meetings and actions.
• Coordinate information requests from the staff to the executive.
• Coordinate information concerning human resources administration.
• Contribute to the staff positive working atmosphere and team spirit.Contact and communication
• Ensure the primary contact point to the executive.
• Contribute to the establishment and upkeep of good business relationships with the organisation stakeholders.
• Carry out other clerical and logistical tasks that may arise or are needed to properly execute the tasks above.
• Support the organisation team members in guiding them to contribute appropriately to the execution of PRACE bodies meetings (chiefly reporting to these bodies).
• Some travel may be required.
- PRACE Executive Assistant Keys Skills & Experience Required
• Bachelor degree in executive assistant or similar orientation.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position. Experience in a non-profit international organisation is an asset.
• Outstanding knowledge of English both spoken and written. Fluent in French and Dutch.
• Sharp in capturing major lines of discussions including for unknown topics.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and suggests solutions.
• Naturally ensure mutual understanding with contacts and relay information accurately.
• Proficient in advanced letter composition and executive-level correspondence.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, standard knowledge of the other Microsoft Office Suite components (mainly Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proficient in modern telecommunication systems (e-mail, phone, teleconference tools).
• Responsible attitude, understanding confidentiality conditions, service and solution oriented.
• Exhibit a positive work attitude, high productivity and a collaborative approach with other employees across an international environment.
- Overview and Terms