The Partnership of Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE) seeks to recruit an Industry Liaison Officer to join its office in Brussels, Belgium.
PRACE is an international non-profit association with its seat in Brussels, Belgium. The PRACE Research Infrastructure provides a persistent world-class high performance computing service for scientists and researchers from academia and industry in Europe.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Industry Liaison Officer is responsible for the implementation and follow-up of the activities relating to industry usage of HPC resources. He/she supports the PRACE vision, mission and strategic objectives. He/she works with the organisation team members, the PRACE bodies’ members, chiefly the members of the PRACE Industrial Advisory Committee, and the partners involved in related collaborative projects to support the execution of PRACE’s interaction with industry. He/she identifies and explores opportunities to improve the activities and programmes to that end.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Inform current industry stakeholders
- Act as single point of contact on PRACE activities for industrial actors.
- Raise awareness of PRACE activities and offers among industrial actors.
- Follow-up the implementation of actions agreed with the PRACE Industry Advisory Committee (IAC).
- Collect information and statistics on ongoing programmes and initiatives.
- Identify and follow-up improvement opportunities of PRACE programmes benefiting industry uptake of HPC.
- Coordinate the publication of industry-relevant information on the PRACE website.
- Coordinate the edition of publications targeting industry actors.
- Maintain presentation material documenting PRACE activities targeting industry.
- Contribute to the production of exhibition material (e.g. display and booth design).
- Maintain a database of contacts of industry-related actors.
Develop collaboration with new industry sectors
- Perform market analyses to support the selection of the most efficient outreach activities.
- Reach out to trade associations providing them with information on the benefit of HPC for the business of their members.
- Identify opportunities for PRACE to support new industry sectors.
- Attend conferences, exhibits or other industry-oriented events organised by targeted sectors and trade associations.
Interface with the relevant collaborative projects
- Contribute to the reporting requirements of the collaborative project(s) within the scope of which the industry-related activities are included.
- Collaborate with other work packages of these collaborative projects to collect information relevant to industry and to maximize the relevance of their activities for industry actors.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience in a field relevant for the position and the organisation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position. Experience in an international trade association or in a technology transfer department is an asset. Understanding of computational science and/or HPC in an applied science context is another asset.
- Outstanding knowledge of English both spoken and written, including for public presentations or facilitation of workshops. A fair level in French or Dutch is an asset.
- Forward looking problem-solving thinker who actively seeks contact matching in a hybrid network of research and industry-focused organisations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and fluency in other relevant IT tools (contact management, dashboards, telecommunication, …)
- Exhibit a positive work attitude, high productivity and a collaborative approach with other employees or partners across an international environment.
Candidates should send their cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 26 February 2019 EOB. Please see further details in the PDF.