Opening date: 2nd November 2011
Closing date: 10th January 2012, 1600 CET
Start date: 1st May 2012
Allocation period: 1 year
Type of access: Project access
PRACE (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe) is a Research Infrastructure that allows researchers from across Europe to apply for time on high-performance computers from a series of hosting nations via a central peer review process. This call is the fourth PRACE-RI Regular call for Project access, inviting applications for high-end (Tier-0) computing resources to carry out projects which have high scientific quality and impact. Allocation will be for 1 year starting from 1st May 2012.
The call also invites proposals for project access to Tier-1 resources, via DECI, the Distributed European Computing Initiative, providing single project cross-national access to national (Tier-1) HPC-resources. The DECI call is synchronized in preparation for future integrated calls for Tier-0 and Tier-1 resources. The DECI Call, its processes, the procedures and mechanisms are explained in detail in section “DECI Call”.
The deadline for submission of proposals both for Tier-0 and for Tier-1 is 10th January 2012 at 1600 CET.
Tier-0 machines available
- IBM Blue Gene/P “JUGENE” (GCS@Jülich, Germany)
- Bull Bullx cluster “CURIE” (GENCI@CEA, France)
- Cray XE6 “HERMIT” (GCS@HLRS, Germany)
- SuperMUC (GCS@LRZ, Germany)
- MareNostrum (BSC, Spain)
- FERMI (CINECA, Italy)
Tier-1 machines available
- IBM Blue Gene/P, Cray XT and XE, IBM Power 6, range of large clusters including GPU resources made available from Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
More details on the call for proposals (updated information) can be found here.
How to apply
- Tier-0 call: submit the online form
- Tier-1 (DECI) call: email DECI proposal form to deci-support(at)prace-ri.eu
- For queries related to Tier-0 peer review please contact: peer-review(at)prace-ri.eu
- For queries related to Tier-1 applications please contact: deci-support(at)prace-ri.eu