Information on the Calls for Proposals for PRACE Project Access.
CET / CEST
PRACE publishes its Calls for Proposals for Project Access twice per year according to a fixed schedule:
- Call opens in February > Access is provided starting September of the same year.
- Call opens in September > Access is provided starting March of the next year.
The 12th Call for Proposals for Project Access will be open from 30 September 2015, 13:30 CEST until 11 November 2015, 12:00 (noon) CET.
Proposals can be based on a 12-months schedule, or, for Multi-year Projects, on a 24- or 36-months schedule. The allocation of awarded resources is made for 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
Additionally, the 12th Call:
- Reserves 0.5% of the total resources available for the 11th Call for Centres of Excellence (CoE) as selected by the EC under the E-INFRA-5-2015 call for proposals. CoE don’t need to apply to this PRACE call – if funded by the EC, CoE requesting access to PRACE resources will be awarded PRACE resources from this reserve.
The PRACE Access Committee, composed of leading European scientists and engineers, ranks the project proposals that will be awarded access to PRACE resources.
PRACE is currently in a transition phase to a new funding and governance model. Unfortunately this necessitates a temporary reduction in the number of Tier-0 resources available for Call 12.
Therefore the 12th Call will offer resources on only:
- FERMI, an IBM Blue Gene/Q supercomputer operated by CINECA, Italy
- MareNostrum, an IBM System x iDataPlex supercomputer operated by BSC, Spain
Both systems are suitable for to a wide variety of codes and awarded projects will receive dedicated technical support at the hosting sites.
- Opening date: 30 September 2015, 13:30 CET
- Closing date: 11 November 2015, 12:00 (noon) CET
- Response of applicants to reviews: 18 – 22 January 2016
- Anticipated allocation decisions: first week of March 2016
- Allocation start date of awarded proposals: 14 March 2016
- Allocation end date of award: 13 March 2017
Applications for Project Access must use codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimisation to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU overall.
More information can be found here:
For development and scaling of HPC codes, PRACE offers Preparatory Access here
Please note: The dates in these schedules are a pre-announcement and may need to be adjusted due to unforeseen circumstances. The schedules published on these pages supersede all previously released schedules for PRACE Calls for Proposals.