Information on the Calls for Proposals for PRACE Project Access.
Subscribe to PRACE updates here.
CET / CEST
PRACE 19th Call for Proposals for Project Access
- Opening date: 05 March 2019
- Closing date: 30 April 2019, 10:00 CEST
- Applicants’ reply to scientific reviews: Mid-July 2019
- Submission of Progress Reports (Multi-year Projects) / Final Reports (Single-year Projects): 05 June 2019 @ 10:00 CEST
- Communication of allocation decision: End of September 2019
- Allocation period for awarded proposals: 01 October 2019 – 30 September 2020
- Type of Access: Single-year Project Access and Multi-year Project Access
Industry Access Pilot: Call 19 offers Principal Investigators from industry the possibility to apply for Single-year access to a special Industry Track which prioritises 10% of the total resources available (see Eligibility Criteria on page 11).
Pilot Phase from the European ICEI project (Fenix Research Infrastructure)
This call includes the opportunity to benefit from resources by the European ICEI project, contributed as a Pilot Phase.
|HAWK(*)||HPE System||GCS@HLRS (DE)||460 million||35 million|
|Joliot Curie – AMD(*)||BULL Sequana X1000/XH2000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||343 million (2.7 million)||15 million|
|Joliot Curie – SKL||BULL Sequana X1000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||132 million (2.7 million)||15 million|
|Joliot Curie – KNL||BULL Sequana X1000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||94 million (1.5 million)||15 million|
|JUWELS||BULL Sequana X1000||GCS@JSC (DE)||70 million (1.5 million)||35 million|
|Marconi-Broadwell(*)||Lenovo System||CINECA (IT)||36 million (1 million)||15 million|
|Marconi-KNL(*)||Lenovo System||CINECA (IT)||408 million (6 million)||30 million|
|MareNostrum||Lenovo System||BSC (ES)||240 million (5 million)||30 million|
|Piz Daint||Cray XC50 System||ETH Zurich / CSCS (CH)||544 million (8 million)||68 million
Use of GPUs
*Please consult Section 2 of the Call 19 Terms of Reference for important details on the availability and technical aspects of these systems.
The computer systems (called Tier-0 systems) and their operations that are accessible through PRACE are provided for this 19th call by 5 PRACE hosting members: BSC representing Spain, CINECA representing Italy, ETH Zurich / CSCS representing Switzerland, GCS representing Germany, and GENCI representing France.
Scientists and researchers can apply for access to PRACE resources. Industrial users can apply if they have their head offices or substantial R&D activity in Europe.
The Call is open to:
Project Access: Proposals can be based on a 12-months schedule (Single-year Projects), or, on a 24- or 36-months schedule (Multi-year Projects). The allocation of awarded resources is made 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
Additionally, the Call:
- reserves 0.5% of the total resources available for this call for Centres of Excellence (CoE) as selected by the European Commission under the E-INFRA-5-2015 call for proposals.
- includes an Industry Access track that prioritises 10% of the total resources available for this call for proposals for Single-year projects with a Principal Investigator from industry
- includes a Pilot Phase from the European ICEI project (Fenix Research Infrastructure)
The PRACE Access Committee, composed of leading international scientists and engineers, ranks the proposals received and produces a recommendation to award PRACE resources based on scientific and technical excellence.
The following three documents form the reference for this call:
- The Terms of Reference can be found here
- The Technical Guidelines for Applicants can be found here
- The form for the Project Scope and Plan can be found here
PRACE 18th Call for Proposals for Project Access
- Communication of allocation decision: End of March 2019
- Allocation period for awarded proposals: 2 April 2019 – 01 April 2020
- Type of Access: Project Access and Multi-Year Project Acces
PRACE Project Access Calls Provisional Planning
Provided that the PRACE 2 Programme is extended through a future PRACE Council decision, the expected schedule of Calls 20 and 21 will be:
- Call 20
- Opening: 3 September 2019
- Closing: 29 October 2019, 10:00 Brussels time
- Allocation Period: 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Call 21
- Opening: 3 March 2020
- Closing: 28 April 2020, 10:00 Brussels time
- Allocation Period: 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021
Applications for Project Access must use codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimisation to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
The dates in these schedules are a pre-announcement and may need to be adjusted due to unforeseen circumstances. The schedules published on these pages supersede all previously released schedules for PRACE Calls for Proposals.
More information can be found here:
For development and scaling of HPC codes, PRACE offers Preparatory Access here
Subscribe to PRACE updates here.