Information on the Calls for Proposals for PRACE Project Access.
Subscribe to PRACE updates here.
CET / CEST
PRACE 20th Call for Proposals for Project Access
- Opening date: 20 September 2019
- Closing date: 29 October 2019, 10:00 CET
- Applicants’ reply to scientific reviews: Mid-January 2020
- Submission of Progress Reports (Multi-year Projects) / Final Reports (Single-year Projects): 04 December 2019 @ 10:00 CET
- Communication of allocation decision: End of March 2020
- Allocation period for awarded proposals: 01 April 2020 – 31 March 2021
- Type of Access (*): Single-year Project Access and Multi-year Project Access
(*)All proposals consist of 2 parts: an online form and the ‘Project scope and plan’. Please note that if you wish to continue work on a project that has finished or is ongoing, a new proposal (i.e. a continuation proposal) needs to be submitted in addition to a final/progress report.
Industry Access Pilot: Call 20 offers Principal Investigators from industry the possibility to apply for Single-year access to a special Industry Track which prioritises 10% of the total resources available (see Eligibility Criteria on page 8).
|HAWK||HPE Apollo 9000||GCS@HLRS (DE)||345 million (2.7 million)||35 million|
|Joliot-Curie AMD||BULL Sequana XH2000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||549 million (4.3 million)||15 million|
|Joliot-Curie SKL||BULL Sequana X1000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||159 million (3.3 million)||15 million|
|Joliot-Curie KNL||BULL Sequana X1000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||112 million (1.8 million)||15 million|
|JUWELS||BULL Sequana X1000||GCS@JSC (DE)||70 million (1.5 million)||35 million|
|Marconi successor(**)||GPU Cluster||CINECA (IT)||T.B.D.||T.B.D.|
|MareNostrum||Lenovo System||BSC (ES)||T.B.D.||30 million|
|Piz Daint||Cray XC50 System||ETH Zurich / CSCS (CH)||510 million (7.5 million)||68 million
Use of GPUs
|SuperMUC-NG||Lenovo ThinkSystem||GCS@LRZ (DE)||121 million (2.5 million)||35 million|
(**) Please consult Section 2 of the Call 20 Terms of Reference for important details on the availability and technical aspects of this system.
The computer systems (called Tier-0 systems) and their operations that are accessible through PRACE are provided for this 20th call by 5 PRACE hosting members: BSC representing Spain, CINECA representing Italy, ETH Zurich / CSCS representing Switzerland, GCS representing Germany and GENCI representing France.
Scientists and researchers can apply for access to PRACE resources. Industrial users can apply if they have their head offices or substantial R&D activity in Europe.
The Call is open to:
Project Access: Proposals can be based on a 12-months schedule (Single-year Projects), or, on a 24- or 36-months schedule (Multi-year Projects). The allocation of awarded resources is made 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
Additionally, the Call:
- reserves 0.5% of the total resources available for this call for Centres of Excellence (CoE) as selected by the European Commission under the E-INFRA-5-2015 call for proposals.
- includes an Industry Access track that prioritises 10% of the total resources available for this call for proposals for Single-year projects with a Principal Investigator from industry.
The PRACE Access Committee, composed of leading international scientists and engineers, ranks the proposals received and produces a recommendation to award PRACE resources based on scientific and technical excellence.
The following three documents form the reference for this call:
- The Terms of Reference can be found here
- The Technical Guidelines for Applicants can be found here
- The form for the Project Scope and Plan can be found here
PRACE 19th Call for Proposals for Project Access
- Communication of allocation decision: End of September 2019
- Allocation period for awarded proposals: 1 October 2019 – 30 September 2020
- Type of Access: Project Access and Multi-Year Project Access
PRACE Project Access Calls Provisional Planning
- Call 21
- Opening: 3 March 2020
- Closing: 28 April 2020, 10:00 Brussels time
- Allocation Period: 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021
Applications for Project Access must use codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimisation to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU/GPU overall.
The date in the schedule is a pre-announcement and may need to be adjusted due to unforeseen circumstances. The schedules published on these pages supersede all previously released schedules for PRACE Calls for Proposals.
More information can be found here:
For development and scaling of HPC codes, PRACE offers Preparatory Access here
Subscribe to PRACE updates here.