Practical Programming Models and Skills on INTEL Xeon Phi for Scientific Research Engineers
22-24 March, 2017, IICT, Sofia, Bulgaria
The training school is organized by NCSA in assistance with Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and Bayncore. This is a follow up of the series of training events at NCSA that will focus on training practical skills by demonstrations on how to test performance scaling on Xeon Phi of a few project codes.
The provisional programme including trainers and contributions is as follows:
Day 1: 12.00 – 17.00
- Sergi-Enric Siso (STFC HC, IPCC) – Performance scaling and analysis in different modes of OSPRay: A Ray Tracing Based Rendering Engine for High-Fidelity Visualization
Day 2: 9.00 – 17.00
- Alin-Marin Elena (STFC HC) – Performance scaling and analysis in different modes of DL_POLY: CCP5 flagship code for Molecular Dynamics
- Aidan Chalk (STFC HC, IPCC) – Refresher course on use of parallelisation techniques and their application on XeonPhi
- Peicho Petkov (NCSA-BG) – Performance scaling and analysis in different modes of LAMMPS: USA flagship code for Particle Dynamics
Day 3: 9.00 – 13.00
- Stephen Blair-Chappell (Bayncore) – Practical skills and demonstration of advanced profiling tools\benchmarks on NCSA-BG avitohol (XeonPhi) cluster
The event targets the software engineers from the previous events and plans to train the skills already obtained by those via demonstrating of how these are applied in a number of case studies whose various modes’ performance will be scaled on the NCSA heterogeneous cluster Avitohol.